Sunday, April 4, 2010
Formula 1 Grand Prix 2010 in Sepang International Circuit
Massa leads the championship by two points from Vettel and Ferrari's Fernando Alonso, who would have topped the standings but for an engine failure on the penultimate lap as he attempted an ambitious passing move on Button.
Red Bull's victory Sunday meant it was the first time in 20 years that three different teams had won the opening three races of a championship.
The closeness of the competition was reflected in the standings, with the top seven drivers separated by only nine points.
Toro Rosso's Jaime Alguersuari and Williams' Nico Hulkenberg were ninth and 10th respectively, with both earning their first F1 points.
Drivers' Championship (after three rounds):
1. Felipe Massa (Brz) Ferrari 39 points
2. Fernando Alonso (Spa) Ferrari 37
3. Sebastian Vettel (Ger) Red Bull 37
4. Jenson Button (GB) McLaren 35
5. Nico Rosberg (Ger) Mercedes GP 35
6. Lewis Hamilton (GB) McLaren 31
7. Robert Kubica (Pol) Renault 30
8. Mark Webber (Aus) Red Bull 24
9. Adrian Sutil (Ger) Force India 10
10. Michael Schumacher (Ger) Mercedes GP 9
1. Ferrari 76 points
2. McLaren 66
3. Red Bull 61
4. Mercedes GP 44
5. Renault 30
6. Force India 18